Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 9- Houston We Have Lift Off

     Today was a GREAT day!!! I had a huge breakthrough today! At lunch we had a round table discussion with the resident vet where she quizzed us on the drugs we use for estrus synchronization and for the first time I felt confident and was able to hold my own against the other students in my rotation! I answered all my questions and it felt great. Apparently this confidence boost was all I needed for success! After lunch we brought up a pen of ranch owned mares to palpate them and I was able to find the entire repro track and both ovaries on my first mare, that has never happened! Then when I ultra sounded her I was able to find her track and ovaries again and measure the follicles on her ovaries! Sweet ...sweet success! Then I brought in my second mare, I was still feeling confident but I figured my first mare was just an easy track, but then when I went in, there it was here entire track and both ovaries. I got the ultrasound machine without the assistance of the resident vet this time and took U/S pictures of both ovaries and measured there follicles and then called the resident over to check my work! She said and I quote..." I am very proud of you! You had a huge breakthrough today!"
     Sometimes in life it is not about knowledge or skill but simply confidence. Even if we don't feel we are good enough or smart enough, but we tell ourselves we are enough than we might just be. Knowledge and skill can only carry one so far, at the end of the day you have to have confidence to be successful!

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey - this post was GREAT!!!!!!!!!! am sooo very proud of YOU!!!. You are gonna be a wonderful vet - because you don't know the meaning of the word "I can't" All of us know that you are always going to be sucessful! love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete