Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 18- Bitter Sweet

     Tomorrow is my last official day of Theriogenology Rotation. Of course, just like the life of any vet, that doesn't mean that U won't be working on Saturday and Sunday! But tomorrow is our last day of learning. There are some things I feel completely ready to venture out into the real world on and others I wish I could have a couple more weeks to hone in my skills. I am very happy to be moving onto my next rotation, but will miss the ranch, the horses I have feel in love with (like my one eyed mare and her foal that was very eager to run around, jump and play even with his leg casted as we got to make a trip out of his stall for the first time all week), and of course the resident doctors and my rotation mates who have become family over the last three weeks.
     An update on little Joe, he got a good prognosis from the equine medicine doctor that specializes in neurological conditions and the ranch has decided to let him grow up in hopes that he can overcome his short comings. He is already doing much better and is becoming more normal everyday, he even got to join all the other mare-foal pairs is the nursery pen!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey - Happy Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great day today - your "last" on this rotation - but I"m sure that from time to time you will visit all your folds and mares. I know that you are looking forward to next week but you will always love this rotation. Have a wonderful happy day on the day of your birth. We were soooo glad when you arrived and are STILL just as happy you joined our family -- years ago. Love you lots nana and papa

    ReplyDelete