Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 30 - Sleeeeeeppppppppyyyyyy

    Today my llama and cria (baby) went home. Although I am sad to see them go and will miss them, it was sweet sweet relief! When you have a patient staying at the hospital you have to be their early to do am treatments and come in at 8pm to do their evening treatments. Which means you are at the barn from about 6:30am to about 9pm! So tonight is the first night since starting this rotation that I dont have to be their for 8pm treatments. In a twist of faith I am "on call" tonight so I will most likely get called in as soon as I fall asleep! LOL
    We also saw another cow with LDA-Left Displaced Abomasum (one of the stomach compartments twist to the other side of the body), a cow with calving paralysis (when the calf is being born it puts pressure on the siatic nerve and causes hind end paralysis), and an alpaca with a tooth root abscess. It was a busy day in the Food Animal Clinic to say the least!
   For now I am off to bed to try to get some sleep before I could possibly get called in for an emergency! Nighty night!

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - well when you send your patients home you know that they are "doin well" as you say. I hope you didn't need to be called in last night and got a good nights sleep - sounds like you REALLY need it! Have a good day today! love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete