Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 24- It's all about sex!

    I guess even after finishing my Therio rotation, the sex cases will continue to follow! Today we did four BSE's (Breeding Soundness Exam) on some Angus bulls. So we got to palpate their testes, measure them, rectally massage their prostate and then electro-ejaculate them to evaluate their semen. Then we lanced an abscess in the penile sheath of a bull, then treated a pull with a laceration on his penis and cosmetically castrated a pig!
    My llama is having some trouble rising again so we are gonna try her on some pain meds tonight. Her cria (baby) is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life and gives lots kisses with his little buck teeth! Wish I could take some pictures but all my patients are confidential so I attached a picture of a look-a-like from the internet!
    For now I have to study up on cosmetic dehorning in goats as we will be performing one tomorrow and be back at the barn by 8 to give treatments! Uggg long looooonnnnggggg days!

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - that pic is soooo cute - does he/she spit too? Sounds like you have a mix of everything and surgery to boot! The does sound long - and probably very hot! But just think how much you are learning and having FUN toooo! love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete