Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 66-67 A Much Needed Day of Rest

     Today I had a much needed day of rest. I was on call all day but luckily have not gotten called in for any emergencies....yet! (Knock on wood) This was a huge blessing as I needed some serious sleep! After a 29 hours shift I crashed Saturday afternoon but had to be back at the barn Saturday evening to discharge my colic horse that was now doing much better. I saw her off last night around 9pm and got an invite from her owner to come visit her at the ranch any time I wanted! We finally diagnosed her using the endoscope (camera) in which we found ulcers in her stomach. This is a fairly common disease of thoroughbreds as the race track and ongoing training can be extremely stressful! Tonight I will keep hoping for no phone calls so I can get to bed early and rest up for the week!
    

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - I KNOW you needed sleep!!! You really are treading on very shakey ground when you go that many hours without rest!!! I'm glad you found out what was wrong with the little horse - and IF (???) you have the time you can go see her - ps the pics were yuk love you nana

    ReplyDelete