Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 39-40- The end of an Era

     Today is my last day on Food Animal Medicine, it was a very sad day but also very rewarding. My little longhorn calf is on the road to recovery to say the least! As we got him out of his crate today for his medicine he was jumping around kicking and bucking, a far cry from his initial presentation where he could barely stand. Today he went home with his owner and as I loading him into her truck I couldn't help but get an empty feeling. Needless to say I was very sad to see my little man go, but healing him has been the most rewarding feeling since starting clinics just 6 weeks ago. It is amazing how long the days can seem but yet how fast the time has passed since starting my venture here.
     Tomorrow is a new day, I begin my rotation tomorrow in the Equine Surgery Rotation! It is very hard to get used to finally getting comfortable in a rotation around the third week and then it is over and time to begin a new one. This week will be filled with moments of nervousness so great that I am sure I will want to cry or vomit at least once everyday this week. But here is to a new day and a new rotation, wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - I'm glad your little bull went home -but just think three weeks ago how unsure of yourself you were on this rotation! Now you have given yourself assurance that you can heal and have confidence in yourself. I do wish you luck on your next rotation - BUT just like the last two you really won't need luck you are going to be GREAT!! love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete