Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 48- Booooo

    Today was a day filled with studying, and I thought I wouldn't have to do that as much now that I am in my forth year...HA HA! This morning we did not have any surgery appointments so I was diligently studying up on castrations as I was more than excited about my first solo surgery on Thurs of a castration on a horse. Sadly my surgery cancelled and I am so disappointed!!! Never thought I would be so sad to be denied to cut off some testicles but man I was really looking forward to it! Hopefully we will get another one in! Due to the slow day I got to catch up on paperwork for my upcoming internships...One in Kansas with a Feedlot Vet (3 weeks long) then onto Texas with a Dairy vet (2 weeks). Then I will fly to Florida and spend 2 weeks with Dr. Shank of Ft. Meade (mixed practice) and then hopefully 2 weeks with Dr. Gukich if I can catch him when he is not busy to ask him!
     Then I got to come home a little early and got some ECFVG (part one of my three part board/licensing exam) studying in! 32 more days until the big test, so it is time to really crack down on studying no matter how tired I am!

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - glad you have a "catch up" day - but you ought to know you will NEVER be through studying - you will always be doing research or reviewing etc. Are all the externships to be back to back?? Seems like a long time to be away but it will be a break from the college scene. Love you nana

    ReplyDelete