Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 46- Sleep Relief

    My first week on equine surgery ended with a busy supply of lameness exams and appointments. But is wasn't until Friday at 4:30pm that I got the really exciting news. For the first time since I started rotations 7 weeks ago I was given a day off! I can't tell you what this meant to me as I was slowly but surely dwindling into exhaustion. So yesterday I made a promise to myself, no homework, no studying, no bills, no computer, no nothing! And that is exactly what I did...nothing. I woke up at 11, ate some lunch and went back to sleep to wake up at 4. Upon which I ordered delivery for dinner and went back to bed at 7. If was just what I needed and I feel rejuvenated and ready to start week 2 on Equine Surgery. Next week I have one appointment already scheduled, a castration! Apparently, unlike most of the very complicated surgeries on this rotation, the students get to do the cutting on the simpler surgeries like castrations! So I will be sharpening my mind and my blade in preparation for my first surgery! WHOO HOOO!

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - I knew you were TIRED!!! I could just feel it from your blogs- I'm sooo glad that you had a day off to just REST! I'm glad that also you had the time to post a blog - and I know that your surgery today will be great but not for the horse tho! love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete