Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 50-52- A Day in the Life

    This weekend was a great example of a day in the life of a vet student! Saturday I had the day off and was more than excited to get some much needed sleep and study time in! I slept in, studied and then looked forward to a quiet evening at home spending some quality time with my husband! As we settled in to watch a movie, I got the somewhat dreaded but always exciting phone call, we had an emergency surgery coming in! After a very interesting colic surgery, where a horses stomach becomes twisted and needs to be surgically corrected, we cleaned up the surgery room and headed home about 1:30am. I thought to myself as I snuggled into bed around 2 am ...well at least I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in....I should have knocked on some wood! As I answered the phone in a blurr this morning I heard the voice say hello LuJean we have an emergency, please be here in 15 minutes. So after jump in the shower and quick dressing I was off again! So much for a rested weekend of quiet study! What can I say, just another day in the life of a vet student!

Colic Surgery 

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - well soooo much for a restful and lazy weekend - ha ha - but just think how very much you learned (enjoyed) helping etc. with that surgery and the other one that woke you up again. This is your last week in Equine surgery and I know that you really will miss it, but you will have another rotation next week that you will enjoy also!!! Love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete