Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 39 & 40- The days are getting longer!

      Sorry to my fellow blog followers for the lack of postings this week! The last few days have been long and hard but amazing in deed! My little soldier (my longhorn calf with Navel Ill) is doing great and got to come off his IV fluids today, which was just in the nick of time as he is getting more and more rambunctious by the day, making it much harder to get him still for an IV line! We plan on doing another joint lavage and infusion of antibiotics in the joint tomorrow and if the fluid from his joint is less infected he gets to go home! Can't believe my little man will have horns like this (picture) one day and I hope he is not as playful by the time he gets them or his owners better watch out! He gets to come out of his crate a few times a day and loves running around head butting and kicking and bucking! Too cute for words!
      
     This weekend is 4th of July and I will be on ICU shift from 5pm-12 midnight tonight and Monday and I am on call all day Sunday for emergencies. Every time I think about how tired I am going to be and how much it sucks to be working around the clock this holiday weekend I remember the people who serve and the sacrifices they make. I can't bare to feel upset or sorry for myself with a hectic schedule this weekend when there are people all around us that make these sacrifices every day! So thank you to those that serve! I will be thinking of you as you make your sacrifices, your time away from your families, your never ending dedication to our country and for our freedom! This weekend I think of my great great grandfather who served as a cattle drover in the civil war, my papa who served in WWII, uncle Joe who is retired after many years of service, my father in law, Larry Spridik, retired Air Force and my brother-in-law, Mark who continues to make sacrifices for our freedom everyday!
                                           
                                                           Pictured is Navy Chief Mark Benino

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - Happy 4th of July and the end of this rotation!!! You will be learning new "stuff" next week and that will new FUN! Yes we are all thankful for our men and women in service and appreciate their sacrifice they all make for us. We will miss you today and tomorrow at the lake BUT it will soon be time for you to be here with us. Love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete