Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 59-60! Sixty...Seriously?!?!?!?!?

     Today was the first day of my Equine Medicine Rotation. Finally I am starting to feel more confident and not so nervous that I want to pee my pants the entire first day of a new rotation! But it did make things easier that I was still in the equine barn and knew my way around since I just came off equine surgery! Today we had a horse with an abscess on her face the size of a kiwi, and a horse with hepatic lipidosis (liver failure with fat infiltration). The liver horse was a Fresian which is one of the most beautiful horses there is, so it was definatly neat to have her in (see picture)! I started off this rotation like any other one, with a bang! It is my first day and I have the first ICU shift so I got here at 7:30am this morning and will be here until midnight! But, as always I can always look to my family for support in my time of need. As I yawned and complained about my long night to my husband who brought me dinner and a card from the mailbox that my grandparents had sent, I opened the card and...poof....day was all better.
     We forget sometimes how much our families mean to us. Many times I feel tired and sad and wore out and the list goes on....and a short call to my mom, dad, sister, nana, papa or in-laws, and it all seems better. It is like my body's way of telling me I am homesick and their voices have healing powers. I can whole-heartedly say I would never have made it this far in life without the undying support of my family. I feel so blessed to have people in my life that never question me, never doubt me and most importantly never give up on me. Even after over thirty years of support (yes I said it out loud for the first time, 31 baby) I am still suprised at the level of dedication my family has for one another. Even with the bickering and the power struggle of too many southern women in the kitchen, there is never a blink of an eye when one of us is in need we all come together. God has blessed me in many ways in life but my family is the biggest blessing of all! Thank you Nana and Papa for brigtening my day with a suprise! Thank you Momma, Mom and Larry for your comments about my blog!
                       

3 comments:

  1. I have totally loved following your blog. You are remarkable! This vet student stuff is awesome, wish sometimes I had done it, but then I read about how much studying and testing and stuff it takes and that's why I was cleaning the kennels! You go girl! I get to live the dream every once in a while. You know how hands on it is on a ranch. My boys and I examined a dead crawdad the other day. Keep up the good work and keep the blogs coming! Hope you will keep us up to date when you are out on the road! Love You girl- Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi honey - you are welcome for the surprise and I just know that you are going to love this rotation just like the others. Have a great day and always know we love you and support you each and every day!!! love you lots nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post sister! You are so amazing, I can't even begin to fathom how you do what you do every single day. I am looking forward to vacation, but it is bitter sweet that you and uncle chad will not be there.

    I did make up something funny for all future family vacations/weekends/adventures when we are together. Ready, wait for it...CHAOS!

    Camp
    Harris/Heimer
    Allen
    Oh yeah
    Strickland

    Love you and Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete