Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 91- A Quarter There!

    I can't believe I have been in clinics for three months now! It still amazes me how time flys. Although I have always dreamed about what the future holds for me, it has never been so close. It is finally starting to seem real that I may very soon live out my childhood dream and actually graduate from vet school...knock on wood...knock on ALOT of wood.
    Today the feedlot veterinarian I have been riding with had some meetings so he sent me off to the mixed animal practice in town to spend the day with them. I showed up at eight and met the lady I would be working with and as she greeted me with a giant dip in her lip I knew we would get along great, and that we did. She was an inspiration to me as I learned she has managed to buy the local practice, work 12 hour days and raise two girls, ages 7 and 9. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! This is one determined women and I was inspired by how much she is devoted to her work and family equally.
     We started off the morning by ultra sounding a pregnant mare and seeing another horse with an eye problem. We then headed inside to the small animal surgery room where she quickly did a spay and a dental on two dogs. Then we spent the afternoon at the local sale barn aging and preg checking beef cows that will sale tomorrow. All in all, a great day.
      I have been lazy over the past couple weeks about up loading pictures for ya'll so wanted to share some today.......

Wild Sunflowers and Horses in the Sunrise......Gods word was never so loud as it was when I took this.....
Breakfast....Come and get it.....


                                                   Sunrise in Kansas with Grain Elevators

                                                     Prairie Dogs....Look Closely

                                                     Heading out.....Pen of cattle moving out!

                                                Cows as far as the eye could see.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey - almost done with this rotation - you have really seen so much real estate - mostly cows and cows - the pics are great tho. Glad you had a "rest up" day yesterday - and saw what private practice is all about. Love you nana

    ReplyDelete