Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 73-74 SACRIFICE

   Yesterday I had to make the decision to either take my scheduled Christmas vacation, which I was looking forward to more than life or to work through my vacation so that I would be out early enough to celebrate with family in Florida. Although the break in December would be a blessing by giving me some time to rest and get emotionally restored before I complete the last half of my clinical year, I think this was a good sacrifice as I can now enjoy my graduation with my family and be back in Florida FOR GOOD!!!!!
   I can barely discuss my own sacrifices as my family sacrifices so much in my behalf. This last week I have had ongoing pep talks from my family members encouraging me and lifting me up for my big test on Monday. I have also gotten cards from them that truly touched my heart. Particularly my Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Ronnie and my Nana and Papa, who sent "gifts" to help me pay for my hotel room, gas and food for this weekend when I head down to Oklahoma City to take the test. I honestly don't know where I would be in life without the undying support from my family. I honestly feel like the most blessed person to have such a family. They are always their for one another and ALWAYS their for me. I am at a loss for the words of gratitude I feel for them as they have carried me through all my struggles as I continue to work to make my childhood dreams come true. I want to end today with one of my favorite passages that reminds me of my family... This hung in my Nana Waters' house and I remember reading it as a child and have never forgotten how it made me feel...
                          

1 comment:

  1. hi honey - glad you got the card and hope that you will be o k for that big TEST!! We can't do it for you but we can pray for you to be calm and confident. Study and rest - and be careful driving to Okla. city. We are sorry that you will not make it home for Christmas - BUT when you do come home for graduation - you will be home FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! love you

    ReplyDelete